The easiest, most satisfying soup to date!
I made this carrot soup recipe using a few random ingredients in my pantry back in June(we were in Maine and it was STILL freezing cold). Although I’m unsure how it happened, this is by far one of the most delicious recipes I’ve invented. The beauty of soups, and cooking in general, is that you can almost always play around with recipes until they fit your specific taste bud cravings. I’m very into fresh herbs and bone broth these days, so that’s what I used. If you like zip, add a bit of cayenne or pickled jalapeños. If you have a sweet tooth, add some maple syrup or honey. Be creative, it’s the only way you will learn in the kitchen. Enjoy friends!
Creamy, Dairy-Free Carrot Soup
- A full bag of organic carrots
- 1 can of full-fat coconut milk
- 1-2 cup chicken or beef bone broth
- 1 shallot(sautéed)
- 1/2 t Celtic salt
- 1/2 t black pepper
- 1 t fresh basil, roughly chopped
- 1 t fresh rosemary
- Steam carrots until tender(about ten minutes), sauté shallots, add all ingredients into a blender. Add more/less bone broth to obtain desired thickness.Top with sautéed tomatoes and pine nuts for a delicious texture and pop of tartness.Work with this recipe and don't be afraid to add or subtract anything. Pour over rice, use as a tomato sauce for pizza, the options are endless. Enjoy, friends.