Creamy, delicious, healthy, warming, healing, energizing, sprouted and pretty. Can describing food get any more emotional over here? Don’t think so.
This is my go-to oatmeal recipe for those mornings where I need something warm and comforting, without succumbing to the sugar-ridden morning sweets. This recipe has raw honey, cinnamon and berries to add a touch of sweetness to your morning without causing any blood sugar spike.
You may look at this dish and say “Look at all those carbs. No way can I eat that.” I used to be there my friend, but there is no need to fear carbohydrates (good quality, sprouted carbs that is). Sprouted oats are an excellent, fiber, manganese, iron and protein-rich food that will start you off on the right foot.
Creamy Chia Oats
- 2 cup sprouted rolled oats (I use One Degree Organics)
- 2 cup water
- 1 cup almond milk
- 2 T chia seeds
- 1 t cinnamon
- 1 T raw honey
- 1 T almond butter
- pinch of sea salt
- 1 t grass fed butter(optional)
- Add all of the ingredients to a small sauce pan and bring to a boil.
- Once it begins to boil, cover and let it simmer on low for 10 minutes.
- For extra creaminess, add 1/2-1 cup of almond milk, depending on your preferred consistency.
- Serve into bowls and top with berry compote, fresh berries and chopped walnuts.